At Nevada Dentistry & Braces in Las Vegas, we know how difficult it can be to decide between partial dentures and dental implants. There are pros and cons to every type of dental procedure and device. Your oral health may make one solution better in your specific case. Your cosmetic dentist can help you make a final decision, but we’ve outlined a few factors to consider so you can get some ideas and know what to ask.
What Are Partial Dentures?
Partial dentures are a removable dental device used to replace missing teeth. They are manufactured with a combination of acrylic and metal and made to look like your gum with artificial teeth attached to them. Partials fill the gap between existing and missing teeth, help keep your jawbone, gums, and muscles active, and help prevent your remaining teeth from further shifting.
Signs You Might Need Partials
- You have missing teeth.
- You find it challenging to eat chewy or hard foods.
- You have loose or shifting teeth.
- Gaps between your teeth keep widening.
Benefits Of Partial Dentures
Partial dentures can be an excellent option for those who require a less expensive option than dental implants or for patients looking to get implants in the long term but need a temporary solution while being treated for conditions that need to be resolved before getting implants.
- Non-invasive and do not require surgery.
- Help prevent your remaining teeth from shifting.
- Easy to fit, adjust, and modify.
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are titanium posts that are inserted into the jawbone to replicate a tooth root. Dental crowns or dentures are then either screwed or cemented onto the implant post. In this manner, implants become a permanent solution to replace one or more missing teeth.
Signs You Need Tooth Implants
- You are missing one or more teeth.
- You have sensitivity or pain when eating hot or cold foods.
- You already have dentures, but they irritate your mouth or gums.
- You have some bone loss in the jaw area.
- Your face is starting to look sunken-in.
Benefits Of Dental Implants
- Look and feel very natural.
- Have a 95+% success rate.
- Long-lasting, up to 20 years, or more.
- Easy to care for.
- Help preserve facial structure and jawbone integrity.
Affordable Dental Implants In Las Vegas
Our family and cosmetic dentists at Nevada Dentistry & Braces offer a complete range of dental services in the Las Vegas valley, including implants and dentures. We accept most insurance plans and credit cards and offer options to finance your dental care with low monthly payments. Give us a call today to schedule your appointment.