If you need a tooth extraction in Las Vegas, let the dental experts at Nevada Dentistry & Braces help. The main goal of general dentistry is to maintain your oral health, but as an adult, teeth sometimes need to be removed.
Do You Need A Tooth Extraction?
Tooth extraction can become necessary when a tooth is badly damaged or decayed. Sometimes teeth grow too close together or prevent the healthy growth of other teeth. If you’ve suffered a mouth trauma or an accident of some kind, your tooth may not be able to be repaired with a simple cosmetic dentistry procedure. In these instances, removal may be your best option.
- Excessive Decay Or A Cavity That Can’t Be Filled
- Teeth Too Big For Your Mouth
- A Baby Tooth Blocking A Permanent Tooth
- Persistent Infection From A Decayed Tooth
- Immune System Compromised
After Tooth Removal
Once your tooth has been extracted, you will likely receive medication to help reduce any pain as you heal. We will give you thorough instructions to follow before leaving the office to ensure that you have a quick recovery. Some basic instructions to keep in mind include:
- Avoid rinsing and spitting for 24 hours. After the 24 hour period, rinse your mouth with a warm saltwater solution.
- Do not drink from a straw or smoke for 24 hours.
- Eat soft foods so that you do not irritate the tooth extraction site for a day or so.
- Avoid touching the extraction site while you brush your teeth until it heals more so that it does not become infected.
Don’t Wait On Your Tooth Extraction
You don’t have to live day in and day out with an impacted, painful, or crowded teeth. Call our office in Las Vegas to schedule a consultation with our dentists and figure out if you have a tooth that needs to be removed. At Nevada Dentistry & Braces, we look forward to ending your pain and restoring the health of your teeth.