With dental implants from Nevada Dentistry & Braces in Las Vegas, you can regain your smile and fix missing teeth or ill-fitting dentures that can wreak havoc on your self-esteem. This procedure has revolutionized modern dentistry, offering a long-lasting and natural-looking solution for replacing missing teeth.
Dental implants are now one of the most popular tooth replacement options for missing teeth. – The American Academy of Implant Dentistry
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are artificial tooth roots made of titanium, surgically placed into the jawbone beneath the gums. They serve as a sturdy foundation for dental restorations, such as crowns, bridges, or dentures. The result is a permanent and aesthetically pleasing solution that functions just like natural teeth.
Benefits Of This Tooth Replacement Option
Replacing missing teeth with dental implants is a popular option, and for good reason.
- Natural Appearance
- Improved Speech
- Easy To Eat & Chew With
- Decreased Sensitivity In Surrounding Teeth
- Extremely Durable
- Improved Oral Health
- Increased Self-Esteem
- Helps Maintain Bone
Is Tooth Replacement Right For You?
Missing or damaged teeth not only hurt your self-confidence, but can also help keep your mouth from optimal health and functioning the way it should. Dental implants offer more function and security than poorly fitting dentures or partials, bringing you the confidence you deserve when speaking or eating.
- Missing 1 Or More Teeth
- Cracked Or Broken Teeth
- Loose, Poorly Fitting Dentures Or Partials
- Avoid Removing Healthy Teeth For A Bridge
- A Sunken Appearance Around The Mouth
- Shifting Bite Due To Missing Teeth
- Bone Loss In The Jaw Area
Types Of Dental Implants
Several types of dental implants are available. Our cosmetic dentist will perform an exam and work with you to determine which type is most suitable for you. We will take your current oral health, lifestyle, and desired end results into consideration when reviewing your options with you.
- Endosteal Dental Implants are the most commonly used. They’re made of titanium and are embedded into your jawbone.
- Subperiosteal Dental Implants are affixed underneath the gum line but on top of your jawbone. Subperiosteal is used if you have limited height in the jawbone to work with.
How Dental Implants Work
Our dentist will carefully place a screw-like device into your jawbone, which will secure the artificial tooth’s anchor. Then, a crown or crowns will be custom-designed to fit in your mouth perfectly. This crown will be connected to the screw-like anchor creating an artificial tooth that looks and feels, and functions like a natural tooth.
Dental Implant Procedures – What To Expect
This dental procedure typically involves several steps. If you have any concerns, our dentist will be happy to explain how your tooth replacement will work.
- Firstly, a thorough examination and digital imaging will help determine the right treatment plan.
- The implant is then surgically placed into the jawbone, and a healing period of a few months allows it to integrate with the bone.
- Afterward, an abutment is attached, serving as a connector for the final restoration.
- Finally, a custom-made crown, bridge, or denture is affixed to the abutment, completing the process.
What Is Tooth Replacement Aftercare Like?
Post-surgery care is crucial to ensure successful healing and implant integration. Your dentist will provide detailed instructions for managing discomfort, swelling, and any potential complications. Maintaining oral hygiene, including gentle brushing and flossing, is essential during the healing period.
Maintaining Your New Teeth
Long-term success depends on proper maintenance. Regular dental check-ups and cleanings are necessary to monitor the implants’ condition and overall oral health. Avoiding smoking and maintaining a balanced diet will also contribute to the longevity of your dental implants.
Get Dental Implants In Las Vegas
You don’t have to deal with the hassle and embarrassment of missing teeth any longer. With almost 20 years of combined experience in dentistry and orthodontics, we can tend to all of your dental needs, including dental implants. At both of our convenient Las Vegas locations, we offer affordable prices, accept most insurance plans and credit cards, and provide financing options with low monthly payments. Contact us at Nevada Dentistry & Braces today to schedule your dental implant consultation appointment.