Nevada Dentistry & Braces in Las Vegas offers expert dental bonding services to address minor flaws and enhance the appearance of your teeth. As an affordable restorative solution, dental bonding caters to both functional and aesthetic dental concerns. Our dental professionals utilize a tooth-colored compound that adheres seamlessly to your teeth, concealing any blemishes and refining your smile.
What is Dental Bonding?
Dental bonding is a cosmetic dentistry procedure that involves the application of a tooth-colored composite resin material to the surface of the teeth. This material is then sculpted, shaped, and polished to match the natural color and texture of the surrounding teeth. This procedure can be used to repair chipped or cracked teeth, fill in gaps between teeth, or change the shape or color of a tooth.
How Long Do They Last?
When properly maintained, they can last between three to seven years. However, since the material can be porous, they are susceptible to staining from tea, coffee, red wine, and yellowing from cigarette smoke. However, with regular dental care, bonding can last up to ten years.
The Benefits Of Dental Bonding
Dental bonding can address various cosmetic dental issues.
- Repairs – It can be used to repair cracked or chipped teeth caused by falls, accidents, or injuries. The tooth-colored resin offers a natural-looking solution that conceals undesirable damage.
- Fix Gaps – Reducing gaps between teeth, particularly the front teeth, which can be challenging to correct.
- Enhance Smile – Enhancing the brightness of teeth that cannot be professionally whitened to create a whiter appearance.
- Protection – Protecting the roots of teeth exposed due to gum recession.
- Affordable – It is a cost-effective alternative to veneers and crowns.
- Non-Invasive – Unlike some dental procedures, bonding doesn’t require excessive removal of tooth enamel.
- Quick – It can be completed in a single visit.
- Versatile – Bonding can address a wide range of dental issues like chipped, cracked, or discolored teeth. It can even be used to fill cavities.
- Natural-looking – The material is matched to the natural color of your teeth, making it virtually undetectable.
Dental Bonding Procedure
The dental bonding procedure typically takes between 30-60 minutes per tooth and involves the following steps. However, each case is unique, and timeframes will be adjusted based on individual needs.
- Consultation – Examining your teeth and determining if bonding is the right solution for you.
- Preparation – There will be light etching to the tooth’s surface, and apply a conditioning liquid to help the bonding material adhere to the tooth.
- Bonding – The bonding material is applied to the tooth and shaped to match the rest of your teeth.
- Curing – A special light is used to harden the material.
- Polishing – It is polished to match the sheen of the surrounding teeth.
Care After Your Treatment
To ensure the longevity of your treatment, it’s essential to follow all aftercare tips.
- Avoid consuming staining food and drinks for the first 48 hours after the procedure.
- Brush and floss your teeth regularly to maintain good oral hygiene.
- Don’t bite your nails or chew on hard objects like ice or pens, as this can chip or crack the bonding material.
- Schedule regular dental checkups to monitor the condition of your bonding.
Commonly Asked Dental Bonding Questions
Schedule Your Dental Bonding Consultation
Dental bonding is an affordable and non-invasive cosmetic dentistry option that can address a wide range of dental issues, from chipped and cracked teeth to discoloration and gaps. Contact Nevada Dentistry & Braces in Las Vegas to schedule a consultation to see how we can enhance your smile.