You might be thinking about getting braces for cosmetic reasons – a straight, beautiful smile. There are also many oral health benefits for tooth straightening, like making it easier to floss and clean after fixing crooked teeth.
If you are trying to decide whether or not to get braces, at Nevada Dentistry & Braces, we’ve put together some great reasons to consider this popular dental treatment.
- Overcrowding. You lack space in your mouth to fit all your permanent teeth. Overcrowding can make it difficult to floss and brush, leading to plaque buildup, tooth decay, and gum disease.
- Gaps & Spacing. You don’t like the spaces between your teeth or are tired of the food and debris that get stuck there, contributing to cavities and decay.
- An Overbite. Your front teeth overlap the lower teeth. This can cause unnecessary wear and contribute to gum recession.
- An Underbite. Your upper front teeth are all behind the lower teeth. Underbites can make it hard to chew.
- A Crossbite. You have an upper front tooth that crosses behind a lower tooth. Treatment is needed to prevent gum recession around those teeth, extreme wear, and asymmetric jaw growth.
- Open Bite. If you bite down and your teeth don’t touch, you likely have an open bite. You might have difficulty chewing and speech problems.
Affordable Braces For All Ages
Many teens get braces, yet the recommended age for the first visit to an orthodontist is seven years old. You can get braces anytime once permanent teeth develop between the ages of 9 and 14. You are never too old to get your teeth straightened, yet you don’t want to put off treatment if needed. We offer many affordable ways to get the results you’re hoping for.
Discrete Teeth Straightening For Adults
Many adults get braces with options that make them less noticeable, such as clear ceramic brackets and Invisalign. Custom-made Invisalign dental aligners are nearly invisible in the mouth.
Get Braces In Las Vegas
Let the orthodontists at Nevada Dentistry & Braces in Las Vegas help you to determine if you need braces. We can help you choose from a variety of types and styles. Contact us to make an appointment for a free consultation today.