Why Do I Need an Electric Toothbrush?
An electric toothbrush will keep your gums, tongue, and teeth healthier with each use. By using an electric toothbrush, you’re able to reach the plaque buildup between your teeth, and you can’t do this very well with a manual toothbrush. This toothbrush will also take any guesswork out of brushing your teeth. It applies equal pressure to every area of your teeth and can dislodge food that has built up over the course of the day.
What Points Should I Consider When I Pick an Electric Toothbrush?
Each person has different needs, so an electric toothbrush that works wonderfully for one person might not be a good match for another. When you’re picking out your electric toothbrush, keep the items that are listed below in mind.
- Brush Head Movements Per Minute
- Easy Grip and Operation
- Helpful Features like a Two Minute Timer
- Power Source like Rechargeable or Replaceable Batteries
- Round Brush Head for Maximum Reach
- Run Both Consistently and Smoothly
- Travel Case
Electric Toothbrushes for Kids
If you have kids, you know how hard it can be to get consistent brushing habits going. Several companies make electric toothbrushes designed specifically for kids. They work in tandem with downloadable apps that make brushing a fun experience. The Disney Magic Timer app plays songs to time your children’s brushing, and they can earn prizes the longer they brush. Another great app is the Toothsavers brushing game. This app allows your kids to brush away problems and save the kingdom.
Comparing Electric Toothbrushes
There are dozens of electric toothbrushes available on the market today. The first thing you should decide when you’re narrowing your choices down is how technical you want your electric toothbrush to be. If you have braces, you might want to look into an electric toothbrush that is designed to clean around them.
- Oral B Vitality.If you want a basic electric rechargeable toothbrush with a two-minute timer, the Oral B Vitality could be the right choice for you. This toothbrush is designed to work around braces and features a round brush head.
- Oral B 3000. If you’re looking for a little more high tech electric toothbrush, the Oral B 3000 features a two-minute timer, pressure sensor, and coaching through Bluetooth. This electric toothbrush is designed for daily cleaning, gum care, and sensitivity problems. The Bluetooth capabilities also provide a tracking function.
- Sonicare Diamond Clean. The Sonicare Diamond Clean electric toothbrush is a more high tech option. This toothbrush features a rechargeable battery and a rounded brush head. There are several different modes available as well. There is a mode for polishing, sensitivity, gum care, and white enhancement.
- Sonicare 3 Series. The Sonicare 3 Series electric toothbrush removes six times more plaque than a traditional toothbrush. It has a rechargeable battery, as well as three separate settings. These settings work with sensitive gums and can be modified to suit your daily needs.