Whitening your teeth on your can seem attractive, but with the help of Nevada Dentistry & Braces in Las Vegas, you can be confident with not only a whiter smile, but a healthier one as well. Most of us will experience tooth stains at some point in life – a result of smoking, certain foods and drinks, or age.
Is over the counter tooth whitening the best solution though? Let’s go over some of the most common mistakes and dangers.
The Risks Of At-Home Teeth Whitening
Like fingerprints, our teeth are unique to each of us. A one size fits all approach to caring for them is nearly never going to work.
Here are some of the most common at-home tooth whitening mistakes:
- You may make existing damage to your teeth worse when you whiten them without an exam.
- Exposing your teeth to whitening strips too long, or too often, may result in tooth sensitivity and pain.
- You may expose yourself to products that are not approved by the FDA that contain dangerous concentrations of chemicals.
- You could over whiten your teeth, making them look chalky and dull.
- You may use the incorrect size tray, leading to uneven whitening and chemical burns on your gums.
- You may use teeth whitening as a substitute for thoroughly brushing and flossing, which can lead to damage and disease.
Why Should I Choose A Dentist For Teeth Whitening?
It’s important to be informed about the risks and the rewards when choosing which route to take for teeth whitening. Choosing professional whitening treatments under the guidance of a dentist comes with a wealth of benefits, including advice about avoiding stains and making your whitening treatments last longer.
- A dentist can provide stronger, more thorough teeth whitening.
- Your dentists can more easily address moderate to severe tooth staining with products you cannot get on your own.
- The treatment administered by a dentist is safer and more comfortable.
- Teeth whitening at a dentist can often be completed in as little as a single visit.
- A dentist can perform fluoride treatment following in-office teeth whitening to strengthen your enamel.
- Your dentists will take care to protect previous dental work you have had, such as crowns, bridges, or implants.
- A dentist will be able to address any other dental problem, making your smile brighter and healthier.
Professional Teeth Whitening In Las Vegas
Don’t let yellow, stained teeth hold you back when you can have a brilliant and irresistible smile through safe, professional teeth whitening services by Nevada Dentistry & Braces in Las Vega. Contact us today to schedule your next cosmetic dentistry appointment.