If you are need of tooth removal in Las Vegas, let the dental experats at Nevada Dentistry & Braces help. The main goal of general dentistry is to maintain the health of your teeth, but as an adult, teeth sometimes need to be extracted.
Time To Pull The Tooth
Extractions or tooth removal can occur when a tooth is badly damaged. If you suffered mouth trauma or an accident of some kind, your tooth may not be able to be repaired with cosmetic dentistry, so removal may be the best option.
- Excessive decay and a cavity that cannot be filled.
- Your teeth may be too big for your mouth, forcing crooked alignment.
- A baby tooth is blocking a permanent tooth from breaking through the gums.
- An infection in your mouth that is not clearing up because of a decayed tooth.
- Your immune system is compromised by an illness or a treatment, and a decaying tooth puts you at risk for infection.
Once the tooth has been removed, you will likely receive painkillers to reduce the pain. The dentists at Nevada Dentistry & Braces will give you a few instructions to follow before leaving the office to make sure that you have a quick recovery.
- Avoid rinsing and spitting for 24 hours. After the 24 hour period, rinse your mouth with a warm saltwater solution.
- Do not drink from a straw or smoke for 24 hours.
- Eat soft foods so that you do not irritate the site of the extraction for a day or so.
- Avoid the extraction site while you are brushing your teeth until it heals more so that it does not become infected.
Tooth Extraction In Las Vegas
Don't live in misery with an impacted and painful tooth. Call our office in Las Vegas to schedule a consultation with our dentists and figure out if you have a tooth that needs to be removed. We look forward to ending your pain and restoring the health of your teeth.